New additions.... and subtractions

Jeronamo

Hatching
Feb 17, 2015
I have 2 bantam hens and they hatched 5 chicks which are now about 12 weeks old. Unfortunately, it looks like I have only one pullet and 4 cockerals! Sadly, the cocks must go, but I am worried for the little remaining hen - she will get picked on by the 2 hens. Would it be okay to aquire another pullet from somewhere, so she has a friend - and I have one more layer, of course! Would this scenario go down smoothly? I am pretty new to the fickle ways of chooks...

I have 2 bantam hens and they hatched 5 chicks which are now about 12 weeks old. Unfortunately, it looks like I have only one pullet and 4 cockerals! Sadly, the cocks must go, but I am worried for the little remaining hen - she will get picked on by the 2 hens. Would it be okay to aquire another pullet from somewhere, so she has a friend - and I have one more layer, of course! Would this scenario go down smoothly? I am pretty new to the fickle ways of chooks...
They are probably all acclimated to one another after 3 months,
if they've been living together as one flock and not separated by wire.

Do a test, remove the cockerels to a cage out of sight and sound from the rest and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom