New Again from the PNW

NoHaveAHoe

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013
It has been so long since I was an active member of *any* forums that I figured it was time to start fresh. I am from Southern Oregon but now call SW Washington State home.

As I grew up, my Dad was an avid chicken fancier. We had many breeds, but I do think his favorites were his American Gamefowl.

I started my own flock just over 12 years ago. With memories of aggressive roosters I decided to keep only hens for eggs but went on to own a couple very nice large fowl roosters. Then changed gears! I now have a small handful of American Gamefowl X adult hens and have just added new chicks. Sumatras (from a reputable small breeder) and Red Jungle Fowl (from a hatchery but I have my eye on a local breeder's birds when he next offers them up for sale).

So it seems I am now following in my Dad's footsteps (minus the aggressive roosters - they are going to have to behave themselves!

Very much looking forward to getting back into the BYC group. Thank you for having me!

Photos to come after I join a photo hosting site again!

Greetings from Idaho! Seems the love of chickens is in your DNA.
jumpy.gif

Welcome to BYC, our poultry community, and back to the world of poultry keeping/raising. It never gets out of your blood.
lol.png

Thank you for the welcome. I see there are photos in a number of places, I am going to have to do some looking around to find the right spot but here are just a couple pics of my new chicks:

Red Jungle Fowl, being raised by one of my hens.

Sumatras - I just picked these guys up yesterday. They are so beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom