New and looking to buy an egg farm

goldcitydance

Hatching
Sep 25, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am a new member, and the main reason why I joined BYC is to learn more about large-scale chicken egg farms and find out how I can buy such an egg farm in the future.

Does anyone know which thread(s) would be pertinent to this?

Thanks,
Goldcitydance

welcome-byc.gif

I can't think of a thread for that right off the top of my head, but you might check with others in your state to find one for sale:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

Only other thing I can think of is to start one of your own from scratch.

Good luck!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm afraid I too can't think of a thread just about large scale egg production. Hope you are able to find all the answers you need though in your state thread.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to Backyard chickens. When you are ready to look for an egg farm, I would think a real estate agent would be able to locate some for you, just as if you were looking for a stable, dog kennel etc.

Wow you guys do respond fast... I should have joined this forum earlier :)

Thanks for the advice so far....

I'm wondering .... How large are the largest egg farms which are typically on sale here on "Buy Sale Trade"? Any fully commercial farms? Or just personal ones?

Last edited:
Welcome!

I can't say I've ever seen an egg farm for sale on Byc. Mostly individual or small quantities of chickens or hatching eggs.

Are you looking for a large layer production house? Most of them are corporate owned in my area. They are millions of dollars. I'm speaking 100's of thousands of chickens per farm.

If you are looking for a small scale, cage free egg farm, your best bet is starting from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom