New and lots to learn...

rubberchicken71

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 25, 2014
My husband and I are still working on our first coup and should be finished soon. I can't wait to get my "babies" I really would like a mixed flock so I can tell them apart. I'm excited about this site to teach me everything I need to learn. :)

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Thank you very much I think that I'm going to enjoy my chickens and this site. :)

The chicks I've been researching and leaning toward is the wheaten ameracauna, Swedish flower hen, black copper maran, lemon cukoo orpington and a silkie does anyone know if these will get along together? I'm trying to find good egg layers, docile, enjoys confinement and semi quite to not disturb the neighbors. The silkie is mostly for loving on but that isn't saying they all wont be getting loved on ;) I can't wait for my babies!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! You have picked out some nice breeds. Pretty ones at that. Silkies tend to get picked on by other breeds, so keep this in mind. I am fond of the Orpingtons breeds....(buff orpingtons and black australorps) Super friendly and docile birds that are great on the laying. Wyandottes, Easter Eggers, Plymouth Barred Rocks are all very friendly breeds and lay very well and are super layers.

All breeds will get along for the most part unless they are a bit different like Silkies and the Polish. Any bird that looks a bit different can get picked on.

Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on getting started including building the coop, raising your babies, and keeping your adult flock happy, healthy and safe from predators...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Enjoy this new journey you are on! What ever breeds you choose, enjoy your new babies and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom