I'm new here and I recently got 6 chickens:
2 aracuanas
2 Rhode Island reds
2 from the "assorted" section

Quick info about me:
I've never had chickens before and need some good tips
I'm from Nevada
I'm still in high school :p

My question is if anyone can help me figure out what breeds my 2 assorted chicks are

I tried uploading a picture and it didn't work so I'm going to send this message first and then the pictures!

This is yellow (turning white) one from the assorted section who has a longer neck and longer legs than the others

This one is black with white spots on it and I'm really curious what breed it is (let me know if you guys need better pics)

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us. Its too early to make an ID with confidence, but maybe if you post when they are 4-6 weeks someone may be more likely to help you out.

In the meantime, the Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state thread will also put you in contact with other BYC members in your area.

(https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread)

The members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
CT

Thanks, it's funny how you posted right when I was asking in the breed section xD I was more referring to tips on taking care of my chickens more than tips on here but ty for that too

It's not possible for me to guess - the red lighting obscures the real colors. The blurry one is no help either. You can also post clear photos at "what breed or gender is this."
but before 6-8 weeks of age, most of what is seen is just color . Many breeds start with the same colors, like chipmunk pattern etc .

I did post them on what breed section and got some answers, I try to get good photos but they love to move right before I take pics. I know most look the same but their new feathers were starting to grow in and made them look diff then each other so I figured it would help, looks like the black one may be a barred rock and the yellow that's turning white may be leghorn or white rock but we will see in time :D

Back
Top Bottom