New and ready to learn :-)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gusku, May 26, 2016.

1. Gusku

Gusku New Egg

May 26, 2016
    I am not new to chickens, but Definitely new to the forum and trying to truly understand chickens as I understand my other animals. We own a white leghorn cross and seven hens of different breeds. After our polish crested went broody and hatched a chick, we all figured we better get a bit more involved in our pretty egg layers.

I don't have any questions as of late, but i'm really excited to know that I have a resource now.

A bit about me, I am in high school, I like to read, do chores and watch Netflix. We also have two cats, 51 sheep, a rabbit, two guinea pigs, a corn snake, a bearded dragon, a few fish and a dog. We own 50 acres in the middle of America.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

2. LRH97

LRH97 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Southern Illinois
    Welcome to the BYC flock! This is definitely the place to learn more. Really cool that you had a Polish go broody! Haven't heard of many instances of this. Sounds like you've got a nice farm (or mini zoo) going. Although I don't think everyone in my family would go for the reptiles, namely the corn snake! Ask questions whenever they arise! [​IMG]

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I too had one of my polish go broody last summer! Not the norm for polish to go broody so well done to your hen. Sounds like you are very busy there with all your animals and 50 acres sounds fantastic. Be sure to ask any questions when they crop up, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. Gusku

Gusku New Egg

May 26, 2016
    Thanks! We were all very surprised as well, she is such a good mom. If we have her go broody again, I will want to make sure I do everything right to help her.

Glad to meet the two of you! [​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by