New and ready to learn :-)

Gusku

Hatching
May 26, 2016
I am not new to chickens, but Definitely new to the forum and trying to truly understand chickens as I understand my other animals. We own a white leghorn cross and seven hens of different breeds. After our polish crested went broody and hatched a chick, we all figured we better get a bit more involved in our pretty egg layers.

I don't have any questions as of late, but i'm really excited to know that I have a resource now.

A bit about me, I am in high school, I like to read, do chores and watch Netflix. We also have two cats, 51 sheep, a rabbit, two guinea pigs, a corn snake, a bearded dragon, a few fish and a dog. We own 50 acres in the middle of America.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

I am not new to chickens, but Definitely new to the forum and trying to truly understand chickens as I understand my other animals. We own a white leghorn cross and seven hens of different breeds. After our polish crested went broody and hatched a chick, we all figured we better get a bit more involved in our pretty egg layers.

I don't have any questions as of late, but i'm really excited to know that I have a resource now.

A bit about me, I am in high school, I like to read, do chores and watch Netflix. We also have two cats, 51 sheep, a rabbit, two guinea pigs, a corn snake, a bearded dragon, a few fish and a dog. We own 50 acres in the middle of America.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!
Welcome to the BYC flock! This is definitely the place to learn more. Really cool that you had a Polish go broody! Haven't heard of many instances of this. Sounds like you've got a nice farm (or mini zoo) going. Although I don't think everyone in my family would go for the reptiles, namely the corn snake! Ask questions whenever they arise!
frow.gif

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I too had one of my polish go broody last summer! Not the norm for polish to go broody so well done to your hen. Sounds like you are very busy there with all your animals and 50 acres sounds fantastic. Be sure to ask any questions when they crop up, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Thanks! We were all very surprised as well, she is such a good mom. If we have her go broody again, I will want to make sure I do everything right to help her.

Glad to meet the two of you!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom