New Arkansas Member Intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ibbluesgal, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Ibbluesgal

Ibbluesgal New Egg

Apr 10, 2017
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    New to owning chickens, although I've wanted to start for about 7 years. Bought my first about 2 weeks ago and they're growing fast and strong.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    I have 6 hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
    I decided upon 3 Pulled Rock and 3 Cinnamon Queen after researching local breeds available.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    Google search about if I can feed fruits and veggies.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    Writing, gardening, and traveling.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    I have 5 kids. Aged 3 1/2 to almost 19. 3 boys, 2 girls. My youngest girl is my step-daughter whom I'm raising as my own. We have two indoor cats and a border collie. The oldest son is in college in Indiana at Grace College. My 16 year old is hopefully getting into a great college when he graduates in 2019. Currently an Uber driver and freelance writer.

2. Chichero

Chichero Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2017
    USA
    I'm in Arkansas too. 13 Japanese bantams and 2 Tribbles. [​IMG]
    Tribbles Nickle and Ink. [​IMG]
    One of my buff Japanese black tail his name is Kai.

3. Ibbluesgal

Ibbluesgal New Egg

Apr 10, 2017
    They're very cute. My Pulled Rock are Whitey, Missy and Lysette. The Cinnamon Queens are "Breezy, Ja Ja Binks and Big Mama". Unfortunately, they're out of their cute stage and around a month old now.

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Ibbluesgal [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I love your avatar, did you draw that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by