New At BYC from Pasadena, CA!!

nolable88

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 27, 2009
Hey out there!! Well i am new to the art of back yard chickens but i have childhood memories filled with chickens from here in Pasadena to El Salvador, Central America. I am currently waiting for my feed store's spring order of chicks Which they get from Privett Hatchery. I will be getting four pullets (one of each: Partridge Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Ameraucana, Spangled Orloff).

I work at a bookstore so after a few books i ran into Raising Chickens For Dummies and found the link to BYC!!( Great resource by the way!!) My other hobbies at the moment are carpentry (came with the chicken hobby for the coop of course!!), shortwave radio, and i am a licensed C&R.

Well thank you all in advanced for the help! I'm sure ill it need once the ladies arrive!!
big_smile.png

Hello in Pasadena! You work in a bookstore? I can't imagine a cooler job. I have some pretty great childhood memories of chickens, too. Welcome.

welcome-byc.gif
Hi, and nice birds! Our Silver Laced Wyandotte roo is quite dignified. As for Ameraucanas, nothing beats those Ameraucana girls' chipmunk cheeks!

Back
Top Bottom