New at raising chickens and unsure of rooster breed.

ladybeller

Hatching
10 Years
May 1, 2009
I just started raising chickens and i was wondering if someone could tell me what breed my rooster is. Ive heard several different things from people but I cant seem to find him on the internet. I have pictures of him. Thank you!
29908_100_0980.jpg

29908_100_0978.jpg

29908_100_0977.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there!
I'm not sure what he is but I am willing to take a stab at it.
He is beautiful no matter what he is. He has the coloring of my Salmon Faverolles and the tail feathering of what seems to be a Phoenix. Is there a chance that he is a cross?

Hoping someone with more knowledge comes by to help you out.
Welcome to BYC!!!!!!!!!!

*edited to say* Once you have started BYC you'll never stop!!!!!!!!!! Sorta like popping the top on a Pringles can! LOL!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for helping. It is possible that he is mixed. Im not really sure. He is a beautiful rooster though. I wanted to find a hen of his breed thats why I wanted to know. I hope to have more that look like him.

I don't know what your roo is either, but he is gorgeous!

I came to say
welcome-byc.gif
from South Carolina!

Thank you so much. Thats exactly what he is. Looks just like him. I was told he was something called a grey and then someone else said he was a typical regular game hen. Hes a beautiful rooster and hes not at all mean, so Im wanting to breed him. I cant tell you how much this means to me.. THANK YOU!!!

Back
Top Bottom