new at usuin incubator

oldman_bc

Hatching
10 Years
Jul 6, 2009
I have a little giant with egg turner& no fan.using the dry hatching method.my humidity had stayed around 60% all the time.is that to high.?humidity is house is around 70%thanks

Have you ever checked the accuracy of your hygrometer? Our humidity is usually up there. (Right now it's 51% w/expected 72% tonight.) When I did my last hatch our humidity was between 75%-into the 90's and running dry mine showed about 40% average. (Though I do have a fan in my LG, so that may be the difference.)
Here is what I would do: check the air cells. (People are going to get sick of hearing me say that...lol But I swear by checking air cells.)

If your air cells are not growing like they should, if they are significantly smaller than they should be, I would recommend an attempt at finding a way to lower humidity in the room. (The only way I know how to do this is w/a dehumidifier, but there has to be other tricks.) If your air cells are nice and growing and anywhere close to the chart, don't worry about it and throw the numbers out of your mind.
I do have a hygrometer and I watch my humidity numbers, but I adjust (if I have to) my humidity based on the size of the air cells. People get too caught up in the numbers when the importance of humidity lies in the air cells and the best way to know what they need is by monitoring the air cells. (Too big-you need more humidity. Too small-you need less humidity.)
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom