New Babies-Here We Go Again

rileysgranny

Songster
11 Years
Oct 17, 2008
Tennessee, USA
Our local Co Op got their first shipment of chics this past weekend. DH made a trip to the Co Op for color for our little lake and there they were. We just HAD to go back on Saturday and check them out. All they had were RIR and BO, so we got 3 of each! They gave us a schedule of what they are supposed to get and when. Looks like we'll be making about 5 more trips!

Here they are all ready to grow up in our living room:
17240_2010_chicks_batch_1.jpg

My Riley was my first grandchild - a boy. He'll be 8 in June. I can hardly believe it!
He likes my chickens too-wishes he lived closer to me so he could help out. I guess he'll always be my special one. All the rest are girls, of course they are special too! But we're getting another boy at the end of June! Love those grandbabies! That'll make 6 grandbabies and all live within an hour to hour and a half drive from us. We are so blessed!

Oh how exciting!!!! Spring may be stalling weather-wise but my precious cargo arrived at 5:00am - SPRING has SPRUNG... let the peeps/hatching begn!!! For certain - my favorite day of spring!!!! 33 healthy happy peepers .... everyday should be THIS exciting!!! And you RR are precious - I love my RR hens...my girls are priceless!! GRATZ on your peeps <3 <3

I can't believe how fast they are growing. All 6 now have visable tail feathers sticking out from their little fuzzy hineys and their wing feathers have grown out about an inch! This morning one of the RIRs was sitting on top of the mason jar feeder and chirping up a storm. Wish I could stay home and watch them all day!

Quote:
My Riley is my 12 year old daughter. She's a chicken nut and does at least half the work with them. She hates school keeping her inside away from the chickens...lol. We homeschool so she gets to see them on lunch break. We got them when we started homeschooling, partially to give her something to keep her mind off being pulled from public school due to health issues. Chicken therapy..lol. She enjoys them, and now she doesn't want to go back to public school!! Her public school friends are even jealous, it's funny to listen to them talk sometimes
smile.png

What a lucky young lady she is, and what a great Mom to be able to homeschool and provide the experience of raising chickens! I'd be jealous too, if I were one of her friends. There's nothing like chicken therapy! Even my DH who thought I was crazy when I first wanted chickens 2 yrs. ago now likes them as much as I do. We've been known to sit outside and eat dinner while we watch their antics!

I know how she feels about school taking her away from her chickens. I feel the same way about work - lol. But if I didn't work I couldn't afford all my hobbies! I'm sorry she has health issues, but she is really learning some responsibility by helping raise the chickens - but you know that already.

Back
Top Bottom