New babies! Oh Buuuffff....

AZ, you can crash on my couch anytime if im not already sleeping
there for doing somee sort of dastardily bad deed already
he.gif

Thanks Silkelovr, but I don't think I'll need it tonight. There was some grumbling about how we don't need anymore animals, but he's already over it.

On a sad note, one of the chicks is doing very poorly. It's very weak and not eating or drinking. I think it aspirated. I offered some sugar water, but it is declining quickly. I don't think it'll make it another hour or so. Please send good thoughts my little chickie's way everyone.

Well, little Goldie made it through the night! DD decided to name her so she would have a name when she died. She was very upset last night. Goldie was able to stand again after her sugar water last night. I got up at 4am to give another round, then just now at 7am. She's stronger, but still will not eat or drink on her own. I will watch her closely today. She's definately not out of the woods yet. Thanks for your kind words everyone. I'll keep you posted.

Well, little Goldie died yesterday. It was very sad. My DD was distraught. We had a little burial out back for her. This was DD's 1st experience with death (other than fish) and it was very hard for her. I'm not the type of mom that runs out to replace a lost pet before she notices and act like nothing happened. I feel its important for her to experience death as a part of life. I explained that we will get another chick, but it won't replace Goldie in our hearts. Its a hard lesson for a 5 year old to learn.
sad.png

Awww sorry you lost one...
hugs.gif

They are so cute! I can't wait to get my new spring chicks. I will be getting them the week of Feb. 25.

Also Your little "chick" is a cutie too...
smile.png

Mitzi

Az, I am seeing this thread for the first time this morning (Monday). Your little chicks are so fluffy and sweetly Buff Orps for sure. I'm so sorry that Goldie passed away. But she was in your loving care, not in a feed store alone. I hope your little girl can rejoice in the living ones and love them all the more.

I printed the pic of your daughter so I can show my DH. He loves the Buff Orps too. Whenever I show him pics of other breeds that I like, he always says Buff Orps are prettier.

Back
Top Bottom