New baby goat

Crittercrzy

Songster
10 Years
Sep 4, 2009
NE Tennessee
My BIL raises Boer goats...He had premie triplets born yesterday and the Mother died..One of the babies didn't make it either..Soooooo, A friend of mine took the female and I have the male..He's taking a bottle good, but his back legs are very weak..Hopefully, all will go well and he'll get stronger everyday..Meet Romeo
40547_bottle_goat.jpg

Agree with the post about about the BO-SE...and maybe a little Nutridrench or thiamine. I couldn't get a bottle baby to take milk from a bottle for a while...I added a little molassas and it helped also.

He is doing great!!! He's walking MUCH better now, he takes a bottle like a pro, he has me absolutely in love with him..We have Barbado sheep and I've bottled fed a few over the years..This lil goat has such a better, sweet, loving personality. I love goats!!!!
His father is pure Boer and the mom is part..I love his coloring too..The pix does not do him justice..he's just the cutest thing..did I mention that I kinda like him LOL

His coloring is just gorgeous, don't forget to post pictures later on!

We just got a Brown Swiss Calf (bull) yesterday & we've been having a terrible time with him, he refuses to take the bottle. We finally had to tube him today and he's doing a lot better now. All of the goats we've had took bottles like champs!

Back
Top Bottom