New Baby! Pekin hatched own egg

quackers and me

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2015
Mckinney, Texas
Just wanted to let everyone know that my pekin (Prissy) successfully hatched her own egg. She started with 3 eggs and one disappeared. Not sure what happened to it but I left the other 2 in the nest for her just to see if she would actually set the nest to term. This morning when I went to feed them she didn't leave the nest and when I went to see why I could see the baby peeking out from under her. She did leave the nest then to go eat a bite. The other egg is still in there and she has not deserted it yet so it may be possible that it will still hatch. I am going to try to attach pictures.

My Prissy is sure a proud mama and I am overjoyed since I wasn't sure she could or would set to term.
I also have 16 chicks that are now going on 3 weeks old. I will be asking for help in identifying the one easter egger rooster in a later post.

Just wanted to let everyone know that my pekin (Prissy) successfully hatched her own egg. She started with 3 eggs and one disappeared. Not sure what happened to it but I left the other 2 in the nest for her just to see if she would actually set the nest to term. This morning when I went to feed them she didn't leave the nest and when I went to see why I could see the baby peeking out from under her. She did leave the nest then to go eat a bite. The other egg is still in there and she has not deserted it yet so it may be possible that it will still hatch. I am going to try to attach pictures. My Prissy is sure a proud mama and I am overjoyed since I wasn't sure she could or would set to term. I also have 16 chicks that are now going on 3 weeks old. I will be asking for help in identifying the one easter egger rooster in a later post.
That Duckling Is Absolutely Adorable. :love That's great that Prissy hatched it on her own! I wish my ducks would do that.

The Cayuga you are holding are so cute. So far as I know they are easier to get to set eggs than Pekins are, when they get old enough. Prissy is 2 years old. I seriously thought about getting Cayuga ducks when I first started looking. Did you get them for eggs or just for pets?

The Cayuga you are holding are so cute. So far as I know they are easier to get to set eggs than Pekins are, when they get old enough. Prissy is 2 years old.  I seriously thought about getting Cayuga ducks when I first started looking. Did you get them for eggs or just for pets? 

Hopefully she will start laying in spring!
I got them for eggs & 4-H

And It maybe weird but I want to be like a breeder
Breeding ducks to sell
IDK

Back
Top Bottom