New backyard chicken enthusiast | Melbourne, Australia!

toriyr

Chirping
Oct 29, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hi everyone,

My name is Tori and I'm from Melbourne Australia.

I recently got my first flock of Isa Browns this weekend, sadly I think one is sick, which is why I joined the forum, but hopefully she will recover and I can rejoice in the keeping of backyard chickens! My other three chooks are a delight - I'm thrilled to be a new chook mum!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes very new! Got them this weekend on the 27th October, have been researching for many months and finally took the plunge!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Four chickens in total :)

(3) What breeds do you have?
Isa Browns

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The constant curiosity and watching them for hours on end strut their stuff!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love being out in the garden, in my veggie patch. Hoping to also get my first bee hive soon too!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I worked for a niche / hipster magazine in Melbourne - which I love, and also for a company that does a whole host of gardening magazines. It's lots of fun. I live with my partner who also loves the chickens. We are totally obsessed!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Unfortunately, I joined because one of my chickens seems sick, but hopefully she will recover and I can be part of the community learning more and more about backyard chickens and helping others out too!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Isa browns are prone to being egg bound once they hit about 2 years. Their bodies can't keep up with producing all of the eggs they lay. I am just saying it could be a probable cause. Can you post a picture? Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

1852879.gif

Glad you're here with us!
Check out our learning center for great information https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/learning-center.11/

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Isa browns are prone to being egg bound once they hit about 2 years. Their bodies can't keep up with producing all of the eggs they lay. I am just saying it could be a probable cause. Can you post a picture? Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!
She seems a bit better, has been foraging around! But thank you for your reply :) She's only a young lady 19 weeks old so she should be ok!

Back
Top Bottom