New barn cat

TwistedTayy

Songster
Apr 30, 2021
Douglasville, GA
We adopted a new cat today and the previous owner mention he was due to be wormed. I found revolution plus which seems to be a great all around product but it requires a prescription. What do y’all use for regular care like that for your kitties? Or do you just treat if there seems like a problem?

I have no baseline for him so thinking I should just treat once while I have him contained for acclimation?

AEA96878-7A63-4176-B822-C1BB0DC80E49.jpeg

We adopted a new cat today and the previous owner mention he was due to be wormed. I found revolution plus which seems to be a great all around product but it requires a prescription. What do y’all use for regular care like that for your kitties? Or do you just treat if there seems like a problem?

I have no baseline for him so thinking I should just treat once while I have him contained for acclimation?

View attachment 3064824
He’s adorable! What’s he called?

I've used regular Revolution and Revolution Plus on my (mostly) indoors cats in the past. It works well, although expensive. If he's going to come inside any it'll be good because of the treatment of fleas and ticks. For an outdoor cat, just a deworming at least a couple times a year should do the trick. Note that Revolution Plus isn't indicated for use against tapeworms. If you decide to give him that, make sure no other cat or dog licks it off his neck.

View attachment 3064824
I would recommend just taking him into the vet and getting the prescription, as well as any other vaccines & neutered if he's going to be outside. He'll be in contact with a lot of things outdoors (fleas, ticks, worms, disease/etc) so always good to have all your bases covered.

He's adorable & a beautiful little kitty. Best of luck with him!

I would recommend just taking him into the vet and getting the prescription, as well as any other vaccines & neutered if he's going to be outside. He'll be in contact with a lot of things outdoors (fleas, ticks, worms, disease/etc) so always good to have all your bases covered.

He's adorable & a beautiful little kitty. Best of luck with him!
He’s already neutered and up to date on vaccines. Just wondering what people do for worms and fleas/ticks.

Back
Top Bottom