New Bill Threatens Aviculture & other Pets....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Hard to debate such cynical hyperbole.

Even given some extreme actions of our recent history, I do not believe our representatives go to their jobs with the express purpose of "restricting the rights of the common person."

If that were the case, I'm quite sure the results would be swift and complete. We are not even clozse to playing in the same league as China or Russia when it comes to "restricting the rights of the common person." There would be no bill such as this offered for debate. We would not be permitted to have this discussion.

I've known people who have fled totalitarian regimes. They would laugh out loud at what some here think restricts their rights and freedoms.

Wayne

Quote:
Hard to debate such cynical hyperbole.

Even given some extreme actions of our recent history, I do not believe our representatives go to their jobs with the express purpose of "restricting the rights of the common person."

If that were the case, I'm quite sure the results would be swift and complete. We are not even clozse to playing in the same league as China or Russia when it comes to "restricting the rights of the common person." There would be no bill such as this offered for debate. We would not be permitted to have this discussion.

I've known people who have fled totalitarian regimes. They would laugh out loud at what some here think restricts their rights and freedoms.

Wayne

I AM so going to not respond to this, as what I say will get me banned and arguing with unenlightened is usless.

Quote:
You can NOT import animals into America NOW without proper permits.

Sure there has been some mistakes like the starlings.

Well how about an America, without pheasants, peafowl,guineas, parakeets,parrots,horses,cattle,pigs,hamsters,pigeons,dogs, and so on even your chickens. All these are non - native. So this bill will give the power to ONE man what we can import???????

COME ON WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

Quote:
You can NOT import animals into America NOW without proper permits.

Sure there has been some mistakes like the starlings.

Well how about an America, without pheasants, peafowl,guineas, parakeets,parrots,horses,cattle,pigs,hamsters,pigeons,dogs, and so on even your chickens. All these are non - native. So this bill will give the power to ONE man what we can import???????

COME ON WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU deerman! MY thoughts exactly...however those who want to be pro-bill on this issue seem to thikn it doesnt effect their pets.... it does. Sit down and think of all the animals you own, it's safe to say MOSt arent even from the US.

The purpose of this Act is to establish a risk assessment process to prevent the introduction into, and establishment in, the <ST1><ST1>Uniof nonnative wildlife species that will cause or are likely to cause economic or environmental harm or harm to other animal species' health or human health.
SEC. 3. RISK ASSESSMENT PROCESS FOR IMPORTATION OF NONNATIVE WILDLIFE SPECIES.
(a) In General- The Secretary of the Interior, acting through the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, shall promulgate regulations that establish a process for assessing the risk of all nonnative wildlife species proposed for
importation into the <ST1><ST1>Uni, other than nonnative wildlife species that are included in the list of approved species issued under section 4.

Any person may submit to the Secretary a proposal to add to the list under this section any nonnative wildlife species.
(B) INFORMATION REQUIRED- Any proposal under this subsection must include sufficient scientific and commercial information to allow the Secretary to
evaluate whether the proposed nonnative wildlife species is likely to cause economic
or environmental harm or harm to other animal species' or human health.
(2) NOTICE- The Secretary shall publish notice of a complete proposal in the Federal Register and provide an opportunity for 30 days of public comment on the proposal.

Reading before stating incorrect facts would be nice.

I said I was out so please leave me out of any future discussions. I won't discuss what is NOT being stated. They are not after our chickens, horses, sheep, etc but rather stop somebody from importing future problems.

No dont think so, the secretary (the one man) has not put the list together. Guess its like giving someone a blank check, and letting them fill out the amount.

Just think if we had someone years ago with those powers, maybe he could have stop the importation of the horse.

Quote:
Right On seedcorn! Add to the list of introduced alien species: Anaconda, Now threatening ALLIGATORS in Florida
Pirahana, now in some of our southern waters
English sparrows and starlings, driving our purple martins and bluebirds nearly to extinction
Zebra mussels, in our rivers confounding EVERYTHING
Sea Lamprey decimating lake trout in Lake Superior
Buckthorn, Choking out nearly everything good for natural wildlife in our woods

Not all environmental bills passed are bad. Think of the movement led by Rachael Carson to ban DTD. What a disaster that stuff was! If everyone had the right to sell whatever they pleased we would be done under by meth and crack not to mention environmental disasters.

Geez people. I unsubscribed to this at about page 6 because of the bickering and your still going at it???

I see both points and you have all repeatedly said the same point over and over (and over).

Let's see what plays out and keep an eye out for developments.

I agree we can't sit idle if the bill effects our rights to keep a flock but to assume and bicker about the vague wording is going to us up.

theres assuming on BOTH ends and that's the problem. Neither side knows for sure, and that's what's making both sides urked is that one thinks they're right and the other is concerned that what if they're wrong. WE're allowed to be concerned. This post was for THOSE concerned....those unconcerned don't need to really post here now do they? This post was for us to get info on how to find out more info by writing to those in the upper areas of the government. sorry if it ruffles your feathers we want CORRECT INfo...not assumptions.....
smack.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom