1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New birds! :D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by KDailey, Aug 8, 2011.

1. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Well I went to look at some chickens saturday. Drove 2 hours away! Anyways, they had a lot of really pretty birds.

Our total purchase includes:

1 Trio Giant Cochins, black (I kept the rooster and 6mo hen, neighbor got the other hen)
    1 Pair Ameraucanas (mine)
    2 Partridge Silkies (one for me, one for her)
    2 Blue Silkies (for her)
    1 Black Silkie (for me)
    1 Pair BB Reds (I gave the rooster to my neighbor because she's been wanting one since she's been helpin me with my chickens)
    1 Pair Black Old English Bantams (mine)
    1 Trio Blue Rosecombs (mine)
    3 Swedish Ducklings, one black and two blue (mine)

Then yesterday (sunday) my neighbor took me to a friend of hers up the road that had show quality Old English Game Bantams. I'm not ready to start showing yet but I did really like his birds to I told him I'd buy some that didn't quite hit the mark for a show bird. I wound up with:

1 Pair Silver Duckwing
    1 Pair Wheaten
    Got all four birds for $45. They're show quality aside from small issues.

So I now have 16 new chickens and my first 3 ducks [​IMG] That makes my total chicken count 39 [​IMG] with boyfriend building even more pens!

Going to take pictures today when I get off work. I'm gonna try to get pictures of the pairs/trios together so we'll see how that goes. lol

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    WOW.... that is a LOT of birds!!! care to post pics?

3. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG]

4. SilkieSerenade

SilkieSerenade Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

5. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    I sure will. I get off work in a few hours and the first thing I'm gonna do is get pictures of them. I'd like to get some real good ones of each pair together and possibly some individual ones for records.

Speaking of records, I need to ask about that in the Management section....

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Sounds like you just lost all your free time! [​IMG] Can't wait to see the pics! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by