New birds to exsisting flock

Edw@rd

Chirping
May 22, 2018
6 weeks ago my wife brought home 3 new adult guineas. They have been separated from my original flock. When the see each other through the fence the males fight. Is there a proper way to get them together, or should I just let them fight it out? My original flock is all males that free range all day, and the new birds are 1 male and 2 females. Thanks

Last edited:
6 weeks ago my wife brought home 3 new adult guineas. They have been separated from my original flock. When the see each other through the fence the males fight. Is there a proper way to get them together, or should I just let them fight it out? My original flock is all males that free range all day, and the new birds are 1 male and 2 females. Thanks
Keep them separated in a way that they can see each other. Once the fighting through the fence stops you can start by releasing one and see how it goes.

Depending on just how dominant the new male is will determine whether or not he will ever be able to fit in with the old flock. It is never a good idea to try to introduce new male guineas into a flock that is already predominantly male. Just adding the hens would be better but even that is going to cause lots of fighting among the males in the current flock as they sort out who gets the females for their mates.

Back
Top Bottom