New brand by Purina? Homegrown Layena?

I haved used it for a while it uses animal protiens purina brand does not any longer. They are both made by Purina I was told by purina dealer.They were pushed by the natural people into dropping animal protiens so this is how you do it.

Comparing the 2 ingredient labels, they are very much the same. except for the Layena having manganese, Vitamin A, D3,& E, as well as microorganisms. Is that difference worth considering for the slight price difference ?

Comparing the 2 ingredient labels, they are very much the same. except for the Layena having manganese, Vitamin A, D3,& E, as well as microorganisms. Is that difference worth considering for the slight price difference ?
This is an old thread, started nine years ago. Some original posters may not be active members anymore.

But I will give you my opinion. The Home Grown is the Bargain brand from Purina, like Country Feeds is to Nutrena.
I won't buy either because they don't contain Pre and Probiotics.
I don't ferment my feed, so I buy a feed that contains them. I like Purina Premium, Nutrena Naturewise, and BlueSeal home-fresh. All three have Pre and Probiotics.
BlueSeal's backyard basics is self explanatory. GC

ETA; As for the vitamins A, D3, E and manganese. The bargain feeds will have them, but may contain less.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom