New Brinsea Bator - $99 OMG

Quote:
Shhhh, why do you think the shipping is so high??
wink.png

Enjoy your new bator. If it's even close to besing as good as my Oct40
(the one I just sold back to the person I bought it from) then it's a home
run.

Quote:
I'm too wrestling this temptation to buy it, but I think I'm just going to give in and buy it lol.

Quote:
OK, one more of these ordered and on its way. I knew I'd come up with a good reason....

We were putting the eggs in the tray on day 18 yesterday and I realized how much sense it would make to have a separate hatcher, so our trusty old homebuilt will now be designated for that purpose. Will be nice to be able to set it up and get it stabilized before the eggs go in for a change. Finished the incubator-to-hatcher transition one last time, then walked right over to the computer and put in the order. That turner's been just sitting in the garage with nothing to do anyway.

Last edited:
When I looked at where I had been billed to my card I noticed that the shipping must have been recalculated because it was 8 dollars less than at check out. So the incubator with turned and shipping ended up costing $183 something.

Hmmmm, maybe enough of us complained and they lowered shipping. For those of you who have Brinsea bators or have just ordered one if you don't order the turner how do you turn the eggs? Are there dials on the sides of the bator that allow you to do this?

Thanks,
Sonja

Quote:
The entire incubator is turned. It has flat spots on the housing that allow you to place it at 0deg, or 45deg either way so you just basically roll it to turn the eggs.

OH RATS!! I was going to order another one and see they are no longer on sale!! UGH!! Anyone order one and change their mind??? I would be happy to take it off your hands!!
big_smile.png

Got off the phone with Brinsea just a little while ago, and I think I'm going to be canceling my order for a 1588 Hovabator and getting the Octagon ECO instead. I live in Canada so the woman I spoke with needs to check what the price for expediting an order to Canada will be. I've had bad experiences with packages shipped from the US, so expediting is crucial.

But does anyone know approx. how many goose eggs can fit in this model?

Back
Top Bottom