New broody hen now at the top of the pecking order of flock of 8

OwO

Songster
9 Years
May 26, 2014
UK
I got 3 new chickens recently, before that I had 5 which were all pretty happy with each other and the top girl had been there for a few years, but one of the new ones is broody and very aggressive, so all the others are pretty scared of her at the moment. She has fought with my old top hen a few times and won so I am pretty sure she is now right at the top... the other 2 new ones are somewhere on the lower half I think. How common is this? It feels weird having a different chicken at the top now...

I had the same thing happen I kinda wanted the old top hen to stay but the weird thing is she's only the boss of the old top hen and that's it she's under everyone else and the old top hen is boss of everyone else but the new top hen it's a bit confusing but I think I'm gonna get it resolved or so I thought(btw this all happened last year) so the old top hen went broody this year and I was thinking yes maybe she can take her spot back but nooo they new top hen went broody too at the same time right now their both separated but when I re integrate them back to the flock I'll just have to see who wins.

Back
Top Bottom