New, But Not

FRW

Hatching
Nov 28, 2021
Hello to everyone. I've had chickens for around 30 years, and have visited BYC for a good few years. I just today decided to become a member. Right now I have 48 chickens of various full breeds, both full size and Banties as well as a couple Turkeys, and one male Mallard duck. Although I know a minute about poultry, there's ALWAYS something new to learn, and BYC's has the knowledge base to do so. We have owned farms here in Tennessee from 7 acres to 70 acres, and have always had chickens. I am amazed with their personalities and behaviors, and I like to just sit and watch them. I talk to them, and sing to them and like to watch their reaction. I've not been pecked while singing, so either they don't mind it, or they're ALL deaf. As other hobbies, I have enoyed scale model building since I was 9 years old, and raced oval track cars off and on from the early 80's until this year, and I'm 70 years old. I am looking forward to asking questions and obtaing more knowledge. After all these years of chickens, I still struggle to identify breeds.

Back
Top Bottom