New But Used

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BunkyB, Mar 16, 2013.

1. BunkyB

BunkyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi guys. Took me a while to figure this out but here I am.Yep, I am another one of YOU...chiken enthusiast. I have been a back yard flocker for many years and have quite a bit of experience with the whole scene. Buying, selling, hatching,rescuing, etc. I am down to about 60 birds right now, my own small flock of mixed geese, ducks and wild turkeys as well.
    I try my hand at crossbreeding purebreds to come up with different strains and heartier breeds.I have a 48 acre hobby farm and the biggest duck pond in my county at the size of a football field. Lots of water for my geese and ducks.
    I have had so many breeds come into my farm here over the years there aren'y too many breeds tat I have not dealt with.Mostly heritage breeds I need to find.There are many bird enthusiasts where I live in Blue Mountain , Pictou County, Nova Scotia, Canada. We take care of ourselves in all ways including the rooster swaps, drake swaps and gander swaps. I guess we all like variety.
    I am sure there are many of you who have dabbled just as long as I have and the experience never gets boring. I thank you guys for taking me on board. I know I will be here a lot to share experiences. My only hiccough here is I am a cancer survivor twice over now and had to downsize my flock down to approx 100 birds from 300+ . I am stubborn as anyone else. I find the birds at this time very theraputic to the health. I recommend chickens to anyone going through the same. Any ways I thought it best to introduce myself with a little background story. Looking forward to the threads.

Steve Major(BunkyB)

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, BunkyB, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here!

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Steve, welcome to BYC - glad that you have come on board.

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG]From Kansas! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

9. BunkyB

BunkyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone. Makes a guy feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Almost fuzzier than a Silkie even...lol I think I will enjoy my stay here. I put a beating on the forum today giving my $0.02 worth in some of the threads here. Have experienced so much with chickens over the years it is hard to hit just a couple of threads. I kinda go all out sometimes. My sorry profile picture will be seen lots...lol
    I am actually just going to post a couple of ideas I have to pass onto everyone. Suggestions, oh yeahs and wow I shoulda thought about that? LOL This could be fun !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by