New But Used

BunkyB

Songster
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
Blue Mountain, Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi guys. Took me a while to figure this out but here I am.Yep, I am another one of YOU...chiken enthusiast. I have been a back yard flocker for many years and have quite a bit of experience with the whole scene. Buying, selling, hatching,rescuing, etc. I am down to about 60 birds right now, my own small flock of mixed geese, ducks and wild turkeys as well.
I try my hand at crossbreeding purebreds to come up with different strains and heartier breeds.I have a 48 acre hobby farm and the biggest duck pond in my county at the size of a football field. Lots of water for my geese and ducks.
I have had so many breeds come into my farm here over the years there aren'y too many breeds tat I have not dealt with.Mostly heritage breeds I need to find.There are many bird enthusiasts where I live in Blue Mountain , Pictou County, Nova Scotia, Canada. We take care of ourselves in all ways including the rooster swaps, drake swaps and gander swaps. I guess we all like variety.
I am sure there are many of you who have dabbled just as long as I have and the experience never gets boring. I thank you guys for taking me on board. I know I will be here a lot to share experiences. My only hiccough here is I am a cancer survivor twice over now and had to downsize my flock down to approx 100 birds from 300+ . I am stubborn as anyone else. I find the birds at this time very theraputic to the health. I recommend chickens to anyone going through the same. Any ways I thought it best to introduce myself with a little background story. Looking forward to the threads.

Steve Major(BunkyB)

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone. Makes a guy feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Almost fuzzier than a Silkie even...lol I think I will enjoy my stay here. I put a beating on the forum today giving my $0.02 worth in some of the threads here. Have experienced so much with chickens over the years it is hard to hit just a couple of threads. I kinda go all out sometimes. My sorry profile picture will be seen lots...lol
I am actually just going to post a couple of ideas I have to pass onto everyone. Suggestions, oh yeahs and wow I shoulda thought about that? LOL This could be fun !!

Back
Top Bottom