New BYC in Abilene

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MrsDncn, Nov 20, 2016.

1. MrsDncn

MrsDncn New Egg

Nov 20, 2016
    Hello! I am a new BYC member from Abilene. I'm also new to chickens so I am looking forward to learning all about them here!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Do you have chickens at the moment? Please do check out the learning Center ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center Lots of great articles there that I'm sure you will find very helpful.

Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help. Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

1 person likes this.
  3. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Yes, I would check out the Learning Center. It is jam packed with info! I hope you enjoy BYC, best wishes!

1 person likes this.
  4. MrsDncn

MrsDncn New Egg

Nov 20, 2016
    Thank you! I do not have chickens yet because I wanted to learn as much as I can before I get going.

5. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. I admire your approach - researching before you get 'em. I wish you all the best with your planning and I'm sure that come next Spring, you'll have your flock started.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Then the Learning Center is made for you. It probably will answer all the questions you have and then some.

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Great to have you in our community! Abilene, TX, I assume? Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here. Enjoy BYC!

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under MrsDncn [​IMG] Welcome!

I envy you your patience. I saw and wanted chickens and then took a crash course in chicken keeping [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by