New BYC member in Spanish Fork, UT

TheDimmicks

Hatching
Jun 7, 2016
Spanish Fork, Utah
Hello Backyard Chicken members! My name is Scott Dimmick from Spanish Fork, Utah. We've had chickens for four years. We built a new home on a half-acre+ lot last year and have tripled the size of our flock. I have benefited from countless advice here on the BYC forums and thank all of you for sharing your experiences and advice. Here are some pictures of the new coop, run, garden, and nesting boxes.

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

Nice looking coop, run, raised garden beds and nest boxes.

Just wondering - do you have any issues with hawks there?

Nice setup. I would suggest a run cover of some type to keep out raptors, climbers and other preds but also to provide shade since there are no trees around to do that.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
That is a very nice set-up! I second the advice for some cover/shelter for the birds. Both for shade and for birds of prey. Enjoy the site!

I do have strong aviary netting (batting cage net) hung over the entire run, actually. You can see the netting, kind of, in this picture. The picture I posted above was taken before we put it up. I also have 3 foot high 1/2" hardware cloth running around the bottom of the fence and buried 18" deep in the ground to deter digging predators.

Hey, I live in Spanish Fork! Welcome! Have you been to the Utah thread? Go check it out...nice set up!

Back
Top Bottom