New BYC Memeber

Farm Mommy

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
Howdy
smile.png
I am on my 7th(?) year raising chickens. We have a small but wonderful 3 acre homestead. We grown our food and food for our animals. We currently are have 5 milk goats, 2 kids (Mamma goat just had two boys), 4 turkeys, 9 ducks, 1 rabbit, 2 dogs, 2 cats and last but not least 63 chickens at all age ranges. We raise some of these animals as meat. I have been told by family that I needed to find someone who is willing to talk chicken with me. lol I love my birds and love talking about them. So here I am. I'm hoping to learn and to help. I am sooooo happy to find a place that loves talking about birds as much as me!
yippiechickie.gif

Hi all,
I'm new to this, my wife and I bought 6 chicks a month ago. We thought getting chickens would be a good lesson for our son to learn where his food comes from, plus we love to eat eggs. We jumped in with both feet, knowing next to nothing and I found this website, have been quietly reading all the forums and researching all of my questions, which seem to be the same questions for all newbies. So thanks for the good advice so far. We also keep a nice garden and have some room for more chickens if it works out!

if you are looking for a place to talk to kids you need to go no further. This forum could keep you busy for years.the best thing is you would still never get bored. It's just that type of place. Hello and welcome from Missouri.

Back
Top Bottom