New BYC'er

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Baymen Moe, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Baymen Moe

Baymen Moe Songster

Jan 17, 2009
    Pembroke, Ma.
    Hello to all. I'll admit I have been a lurker for some time. What an incredible site and resource. I am new to the chicken thing although have always wanted some. I have the room for a coop and large run for my planned 16 layers. Hoping for a May delivery, although not sure on when to order exactly. Probably ordering from Meyer.

I'm an adult man, early 40's with a wonderful wife and two children ages 6(Boy) and 9(girl). The kids are very excited at the idea of having chickens.

I'm a very avid hunter and fisherman and enjoy gardening as well. I may not be a very avid poster on the forums though, but I'm sure I'll jump in on some subjcets and I'm sure I'll have questions that I don't have answers to yet.

Bill

2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Songster

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    [​IMG]

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] Feel free to jump in anytime you want.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
  4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Hello, and [​IMG] from SC.

I lurked a long time, too, to get the feel of this zoo. I've never regretted a minute of it! I am glad to hear that your kids are excited, it's a great chance to give them some exposure to the way things work in life. Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question here!

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

[​IMG]

6. chickflick

chickflick Crowing 11 Years

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

[​IMG]

8. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

[​IMG]

Glad you decided to "formally" join us! Jump on in with the rest of us...we're all just learning here! [​IMG]

9. Hello & Welcome , glad you decided to join us .I was a looker for a long time too before i jumped on board.
    I'm sure you are gonna enjoy this site.

10. Kathy1

Kathy1 Songster

Hi and welcome , I am in Brockton, not too far away from you . Nice to see people in my area on here. I lurked for a long while before signing up, This site is incredible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: