New Chic On The Block

nevans20

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2016
Hey all! My name is Nikki and I joined BYC yesterday under what it seems like emergency circumstances for my first batch of ducklings I'm trying to hatch. Not too happy about that.

Anyways this is the introduction section so I'll stick to the topic at hand. I'm 23 and a recent graduate of Florida A&M University. I graduated with a bachelors of science in agriculture under an animal science major. Currently, I work for a guy and manage his private farm that has all types of animals running around. Some of which include a flock of 41 birds. Breeds include Orpingtons, Plymouth Rocks, Australorps, Rhode Island Reds, and some other breed I have yet to figure out(im gonna be posting in the 'what breed is this' section soon). We also have 3 Pekin ducks running around with them too.

Now, everything I know about poultry pretty much comes from online and especially this site here. My school at the time of me being there had cut out the poultry program due to funding issues so I didn't get to learn much about them except for their reproduction system. Luckily, I have BYC for all my chicken and duck knowledge needs. So, I'm excited to be here and feel very comfortable at the wealth of knowlede this site has to offer. I'm glad for everyone here and their activity that keeps this site up to date and current. Doesn't seem like it takes long for others to respond to your questions either which is also pretty cool.

On a side note, anyone with extensive duck egg incubating experience please drop me a line. I got a situation over here and I'm a duck incubating virgin. LOL

Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here. Enjoy BYC! I hope you get some answers about your new hatchlings! :fl

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
I am glad you joined us Nikki! Yes, you are sure to find lots of helpful info here on BYC! I don't know anything about ducks, but folks in the Duck forum are sure to! (https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks)
I hope you enjoy your time on BYC, best wishes!
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Nikki, it's nice to have you join us! Sounds like you have a good place to learn "everything chicken" with the place you are working.

I haven't had any 1st hand duck experience but maybe one of the other greeters that comes along can help you out.

Good luck!

Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. For duck specific questions it would be better if you posted on the "duck thread." Just put that in the search box and it will come up for you.

Back
Top Bottom