New chick and ducky momma

Mcaperton

In the Brooder
May 11, 2023
Hello!!
My name is Megan and I live in Grant County, Ky. This is my first year with ducks and chicks but I’m so excited!! I have 14 chicks and 6 ducklings, I got 6 chickens and 6 ducks on 4/16 and the Pekin babies are HUGE already! I then got 8 pullets on 4/23. I think I have pekin and Rouen ducklings (they said “assorted”.) the first 6 chicks were “assorted” batams and 3 silkies. The 8 pullets are also a combination including sex links, isa brown, and golden comets. I want to add more but I have been able to hold myself off for now. I’m excited for eggs and to watch them grow. I grew up in the city but have always loved the country ways and now have 25 acres to make my own little farm! During the day I work with people with disabilities and if/when I have time I like to craft. I currently have 3 cats, 2 dogs, a hamster and 2 fish (and sometimes my friend’s 2 horses) with an additional 2 cats, 3 dogs, 4 pigs and 5 rabbits at my SO’s house… it’s always a party! We have 4 kids between us and my kiddo is so so excited about these new babies too! I found BYC by googling questions I had about chickens and I am so thankful to have this community!

I have no idea what I’m doing yet but I’m looking forward to all of it!

Attachments

• IMG_1935.jpeg
    IMG_1935.jpeg
    634.4 KB · Views: 14
Hello!!
My name is Megan and I live in Grant County, Ky. This is my first year with ducks and chicks but I’m so excited!! I have 14 chicks and 6 ducklings, I got 6 chickens and 6 ducks on 4/16 and the Pekin babies are HUGE already! I then got 8 pullets on 4/23. I think I have pekin and Rouen ducklings (they said “assorted”.) the first 6 chicks were “assorted” batams and 3 silkies. The 8 pullets are also a combination including sex links, isa brown, and golden comets. I want to add more but I have been able to hold myself off for now. I’m excited for eggs and to watch them grow. I grew up in the city but have always loved the country ways and now have 25 acres to make my own little farm! During the day I work with people with disabilities and if/when I have time I like to craft. I currently have 3 cats, 2 dogs, a hamster and 2 fish (and sometimes my friend’s 2 horses) with an additional 2 cats, 3 dogs, 4 pigs and 5 rabbits at my SO’s house… it’s always a party! We have 4 kids between us and my kiddo is so so excited about these new babies too! I found BYC by googling questions I had about chickens and I am so thankful to have this community!

Welcome to BYC!!

Hello!!

Well, congratulations on starting your new flock. Yes, Pekin ducks do grow very fast.!! Welcome to BYC. It’s nice to meet you. :frow :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom