New Chick Behavior

lhr5772

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
We got our new chicks Friday and they are content all day..but, about 10 pm or so there is one chick that chirps very loud for about 5 or 10 mins. I will usually hold her and sometimes that will help but most of the time she starts back when I return her to the brooder. Could she be the dominant one? Just curious. I don't think she is uncomfortable.

Hahaha! IMHO, sounds like you're being trained.
Every morning at 2am, one of my cats pokes me, cries, and stands on my head until I wake up and give him some attention.
Few minutes of spoiling and he's back to sleep.
Resistance is Futile. Just go with it.

Hahaha! IMHO, sounds like you're being trained. Every morning at 2am, one of my cats pokes me, cries, and stands on my head until I wake up and give him some attention. Few minutes of spoiling and he's back to sleep. Resistance is Futile. Just go with it.
Haha I will have to agree. The little gal wants a formal "goodnight."

She ended up having pasty butt and I cleaned her real good..I had to separate her from the others for a while so they wouldn't peck her. She is the runt. Anyways, with all the stress she went through I ended having to hold her and she fell asleep in my arms. She also followed me around the house..made me think of that cute book "Are You My Mother?" Haha! She is my favorite so far.

She sounds adorable. I'm guessing you should just buy a chicken diaper and consider her a house pet.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom