New "chick" from Hyde County, NC

mattamuskeetmom

Hatching
7 Years
May 30, 2012
Hello Everyone!

I am really excited to be a part of Backyard Chickens! I am "mom" to 8 beautiful black australorps. I am still not sure how many hens and roosters I have, as they are about 2 1/2 months old, so if anyone has any tips on figuring it out I am all ears! I have never had chickens before, but my three little boys and I are learning as we go. I know that I will be able to get great advice from the wonderful members here. My chickens are huddled up in their coop today, trying to stay out of the howling winds and pouring rain that we are getting here on the coast of North Carolina. I live on beautiful Lake Mattamuskeet in Hyde County in an old farmhouse that we restored a few years ago. I have made the commitment to learning how to live a sustainable lifestyle, and to teach my boys the value of being a working part of their environment. We started gardening three years ago, and of course chickens were the next natural step! You can follow our stories (gardening, preserving, baking, raising three boys and just learning our way through life!) through my blog Memoirs of a Mattamuskeet Momma at http://mattamuskeetmomma.blogspot.com/

I look forward to speaking with and learning from you all! Have a great day!

Mattamuskeet Momma

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Very nice blog
thumbsup.gif

You might try posting pics of your chickens in the What Breed or Gender is This? section.

Back
Top Bottom