New Chick Here

Tiki108

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 21, 2012
Frederick, MD
Hello All,

My name is Brittany, my Mom is on here (she's Chicks4Fun) and I've been getting more and more into keeping chickens with her so I decided to go ahead and join here!

The only chickens that are officially mine right now are a Show Girl Hen named Pufflet and a White Crested Black Polish Hen that I've yet to name.

My boyfriend and I are hoping to help my Mom build some more coops and for me to get a couple chickens to work with. Right now I'm considering Polishs and Silkies, but I may expand into other stuff.

I love working with aniamls, along with the chickens I also have a horse named Epic, a dog named Kaiya, 2 cats, Minki and Lexi and a collection of reptiles including over 45 snakes, 8 crested geckos and most recently a Chinese Cave Gecko.

I'm really looking forward to discussions on here and learning more about the different breeds of chickens.

WOW!!! 45 snakes?! I'd be scared they would eat my eggs to-be!
I'm going to be getting my first chicks in about 5 days! I'm getting 3 plymouth rocks 3 Welsummers and 3 black Australorps
Are you going to let your silkies ''go broody''?

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

Lol, well the species I have aren't usually egg eaters, though my hognose might eat small eggs if I offered them to him, but they don't go anywhere near the chickens anyway, especially my one ball python that won't eat anything but frozen thawed chicks (I don't feed live and I'm a woose and can't kill them myself so I just order them online). My biggest concern is my dog actually, she gets overly playful and I'm always afriad she'll accidently kill one of my chickens trying to play.
My Mom has a pair of Welsummers she really likes and we had a black Australorp a couple years ago, I really liked her.
I think I will, I had a silkie rooster that sadly got killed by a predator, but we still have his daughter, (the mom was speckled sussex) and we gave her some eggs to sit on and all the babies hatched (did way better than the incubators). So my plan at this moment would be to let the silkies have their own eggs to hatch, plus I'll give them eggs from some other hens to hatch as well.
Best of luck with your new chicks!

Lol, well the species I have aren't usually egg eaters, though my hognose might eat small eggs if I offered them to him, but they don't go anywhere near the chickens anyway, especially my one ball python that won't eat anything but frozen thawed chicks (I don't feed live and I'm a woose and can't kill them myself so I just order them online). My biggest concern is my dog actually, she gets overly playful and I'm always afriad she'll accidently kill one of my chickens trying to play.
My Mom has a pair of Welsummers she really likes and we had a black Australorp a couple years ago, I really liked her.
I think I will, I had a silkie rooster that sadly got killed by a predator, but we still have his daughter, (the mom was speckled sussex) and we gave her some eggs to sit on and all the babies hatched (did way better than the incubators). So my plan at this moment would be to let the silkies have their own eggs to hatch, plus I'll give them eggs from some other hens to hatch as well.
Best of luck with your new chicks!
thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom