New Chick on the block

How do I find my sta

thank you for the tips!!! We are definitely going to be prepared I am thinking for the run just getting a large 10x10 dog fence so they can roam while I’m not home and put the 1/2 inch wiring up about 4ft around it so the animals can’t get their paws in the chain link fence then I know we need to put the mesh on the ground as well.
another option for them to be more like free ranging but protected would be to put some hardware cloth attached to the bottom of the kennel run and wheels or skis on it to make it easy to move around or something similar as long as it's also got overhead covering to hawks etc don't swoop down on them.

Hello,Maria, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Sorry to hear you lost your entire flock.
When you are looking to build your new coop, don't make the run too small as that is where they will spend the majority of their time during the long winter months.
I have my entire setup enclosed in poultry netting that is powered with a 10,000 volt/1.2 joule charger. Nothing gets in there that can't fly.

:welcome

Hi Maria, it's nice to have you here with us! You asked about chicken treats...this is a helpful article from the Learning Center:
Chicken Treat Chart—the Best Treats for Backyard Chickens

Just be careful not to give too many treats. Chickens are like some people, they'll fill up on the 'candy' and leave the healthy stuff alone.

Best of luck!

Welcome :welcome Glad you decided to join us! Sorry you lost your flock! Hard way to learn about predators and the value of a sturdy coop... Check out the coop section-I’m sure you and your husband will get some ideas that will work for you! Anything from converting a shed or other structure, building a coop from new or recycled materials, adding runs etc. Folks have posted so many coops, it’s mind boggling :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom