New chick rolling unhatched eggs

Erin80

Songster
Apr 16, 2017
One black silkie has hatched and he’s chirping like crazy and falling all over and rolling all the other eggs. Is this ok? Will it screw with the other chicks positions? I’m worried!!!

It is fine. My first time hatching, I put 11 eggs in a mini incubator and the chicks were crowded like crazy in there, hopping on top of the unhatched eggs, rolling them around and it was fine. Also, the reason your silkie is being crazy is because he is lonely.

It is fine. My first time hatching, I put 11 eggs in a mini incubator and the chicks were crowded like crazy in there, hopping on top of the unhatched eggs, rolling them around and it was fine. Also, the reason your silkie is being crazy is because he is lonely.
I know 🙁🙁

Keeping the incubator dark (or the room in which it is dark) will help the chick settle down and rest more. I know it's fun to watch, but this darkness is important for them the first little bit - same as it would be under a chicken. It shouldn't matter much if s/he plays football with the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom