New Chick

MamaSusu

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 5, 2010
Hi everyone,

...well, I guess I'm not NEW new, as I have lurked for a bit (sorry to admit it!).....but, oh, the valuable info you have all given me!

I live in Southwest Virginia with my husband, four kids, big lug of a dog, snob of a cat, eighteen chickens, three Pekin ducklings, and one pregnant Nigerian dwarf goat. as far as the chickens......the majority of them are Welsummer/Penedescenco mixes (two are roosters), but I also have a few red sex-link hEns and a few white Leghorn hens. We get a variety of colors as far as eggs go. They have a coop we built into a barn, but during the day, they are happily running around the little hobby farm. They are HYSTERICAL and they keep us in stitches! I never knew I would love chickens as much as I do.....or that my husband would slowly become obsessed with them. He is constantly researching new breeds...I know our little hobby farm will grow!

And we thank you for your advice on so many subjects......and look forward to being part of such an active, helpful community!

~ Susan

Hi, hello &
welcome-byc.gif
from Minnesota

Back
Top Bottom