New Chicken and Duck Mommy

Welcome. Glad you joined us. Do you have any idea how you lost the Birds? Losing a pet suddenly is sad, but if we don't learn from it, then we might see it happen again. It's good to help others learn and help the next sick bird.
I'm not sure what happened to them. Some has said the bird flu and others say it could have been that they didn't get the vitamins that they needed before we got them. Now I have a duck who has a claw that looks like it is almost tore off. I can't get a good look. And I haven't a clue as to what to do. So I have her/him in the house in a cage till we get it taken care of and healed.
But thank you very much for the warm welcome :)

I'm not sure what happened to them. Some has said the bird flu and others say it could have been that they didn't get the vitamins that they needed before we got them. Now I have a duck who has a claw that looks like it is almost tore off. I can't get a good look. And I haven't a clue as to what to do. So I have her/him in the house in a cage till we get it taken care of and healed.
But thank you very much for the warm welcome.

It's a good move to separate the wounded. I have spray on saline solution to clean the wound, I always have Neosporin, then a wrap. I haven't had to use it, because I'm still waiting for my Ducks, but research has taught me quite a bit. I'm guessing that trying to help a scared Bird can't be easy.

Glad to meet you, Hippienana. Sorry for your losses. It's always painful to lose an animal.:hugs

RJMYooper raises a good point, though. It may be too late to figure out why those ducks died, and why that chick died, but if you can think about any symptoms you saw, it would be good to try to learn what might have caused them to pass so suddenly. If you can figure that out, you can keep your current flock safer.

The Forums are a good place to look for information about Ducks or anything else. In those places, pay particular attention to the "Sticky Topics" which are items judged to be particularly useful. You can also look for articles on anything that might be useful. You can browse around, or use the SEARCH button at the top of your page.

Back
Top Bottom