1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New chicken chick

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Darlajmp, May 22, 2011.

1. Darlajmp

Darlajmp New Egg

May 22, 2011
    Tomorrow I will receive my very first chicks in the mail. I am getting five Ameraucana chicks and hope they will survive my lack of expertise. I heard about this forum from someone I met at Tractor Supply while getting supplies for my brooder. I am so excited to have somewhere to turn when I have questions. The only people I have known who raised chickens were my grandparents, and they passed away several years ago. I have wonderful memories of collecting eggs and feeding scratch to their chickens. I have a husband (Ricky), a grown son (Josh), a dog (Daisy), a cat (Doodle) and a bird (Mya). I like to cook, read, ride my Ducati, garden, take pictures, travel, and enjoy my family and friends. I am looking forward to making new friends here!

2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!!!! [​IMG]

3. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    [​IMG] you'll love it here! we'll be sure to anwer any questions, don't worry. there are lots of newbies to chickens this time of year! good luck with your new babies!

4. dreamer5577

dreamer5577 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome!!! Thus far, this forum has helped me so much! I know it will do the same for you! [​IMG]

5. Darlajmp

Darlajmp New Egg

May 22, 2011
    Thanks for making me feel welcome! It's my first time to include chickens in my family and my first time to take part in a forum! Very exciting times!! [​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. You're in the right place. BYC has lots of great info. Good luck with your new chicks [​IMG]

7. Mama Austranought

Mama Austranought Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Western Australia
    [​IMG] From Australia! It's great here!

8. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your chicks.

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by