new chicken coop

Younger

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 4, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Here is some pics of our new chicken coop. It's actually a condo, with the ducks housed below. I have 8 chickens. They seem to love it. I have an old wooden muskoka chair in the other corner that they roost on and that I can sit on when I go in to spend time with the girls. The pool has diatamaceous earth, play sand and ashes and they all get in and "bath" through the day. They also have a shallow wide dish of water that they seem to enjoy standing in when it's hot. The windows are grated and screened to keep big and little pests out. Their food and water hangs from the chains and never gets dirty. The floor and nesting boxes are covered in shavings.

Very nice! The inside of the coop looks like the inside of my house! Can you go into more detail on what the duck area is like? I have chickens and ducks, so am always looking for good tips.

Very nice! The inside of the coop looks like the inside of my house! Can you go into more detail on what the duck area is like? I have chickens and ducks, so am always looking for good tips.

The area is 10x20 and matches the chicken side. We have the coop at one end and the pond at the other. We have a walkway of patio stones leading up to the pond and we sodded around the pond. The rest of the area is fine mulch, which they love to root through and grit which they also eat. There is a flower pot (which they use as a watering dish) and we change the water twice a day, dumping the water to make a mud hole. They like that area the best. LOL I through scratch down each morning into the mud hole and they just play there and the pond all day.

Thanks everyone, they seem happy!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom