New Chicken/Duck Mama - Tamatha

Tamatha18

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2022
Dallas, GA
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am not "new" to chickens but it has been 30+ years since I have had any.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I purchased 6 chickens on 6/29/22 (they range in age from 1 yr to 1-1/2 yrs old) and 2 ducklings back in March.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Honestly, other then the 2 Turkens, I do not know. The guy I bought them from told me but I had never heard of any of them (and a few were mixes). My daughter did name them - Lucy, Penny, Suzie Q, Black Betty, Thing 1 and Thing 2 (those are the Turkens LOL)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I wanted chickens for the eggs but I am loving just watching and interacting with them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I have a huge vegetable garden and I love to do crafts.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have 2 grown daughters and a fairly new husband (we will have been married 2 years October '22). We have 3 dogs (1 German Shepherd, 1 American Staffordshire and a pitty mix) and 1 rabbit that has it's own bedroom (eyeroll).

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC on Facebook and have been a member on FB for a few months. I did not realize that it was something you could join outside of FB until recently.

3) What breeds do you have?
Honestly, other then the 2 Turkens, I do not know. The guy I bought them from told me but I had never heard of any of them (and a few were mixes). My daughter did name them - Lucy, Penny, Suzie Q, Black Betty, Thing 1 and Thing 2 (those are the Turkens LOL)
Hello! Glad you joined! Do you have any picture of your hens? I would love to try to identify the breeds!

Back
Top Bottom