New Chicken Family Soon!

Valareha

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have been a lurker or should I say consumed with this site for the past few months and finally joined recently. I have learned so much and wanted to say thanks to all of you who have already helped me without even knowing it.

Tomorrow is the big day. We have 6 chicks arriving via Dare2Dream delivery. I opted for 6 chicks -1 one of each for the following breeds so we can get to know the different breeds:
Buff Orphinton, Brahma, Barred Rock, Black Australop, Golden Sexlink (the name my 11 year old son cracked up at
1f633.png
), Easter Egger.

Can't wait to meet them, I will find out tonight what time they arrive.

I would have never taken this step without the knowledge gained on this site, it is fabulous!

Val

Greetings! Welcome to BYC! Feel free to ask any questions you may have! This site is a great resource, I'm sure you'll find answers to all you questions here. :)
frow.gif
Enjoy your future flock!

Hi :welcome Val

Congratulations on getting your first chicks :celebrate Great to hear BYC has been so helpful for you all ready. Raising chicks is a fantastic experience, very rewarding and something I enjoy very much.
I'm sure you have but if you havnt drop by the raising chicks section of the learning centre https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-and-raising-chicks Lots of good articles on getting started with them.

Wishing you the very best of luck with them and be sure to ask any questions you may have. Everyone here to help you along the way and very friendly :frow

Hi everyone,

I have been a lurker or should I say consumed with this site for the past few months and finally joined recently. I have learned so much and wanted to say thanks to all of you who have already helped me without even knowing it.

Tomorrow is the big day. We have 6 chicks arriving via Dare2Dream delivery. I opted for 6 chicks -1 one of each for the following breeds so we can get to know the different breeds:
Buff Orphinton, Brahma, Barred Rock, Black Australop, Golden Sexlink (the name my 11 year old son cracked up at
1f633.png
), Easter Egger.

Can't wait to meet them, I will find out tonight what time they arrive.

I would have never taken this step without the knowledge gained on this site, it is fabulous!

Val

Welcome aboard. Enjoy and you know where to go for all the info you need. Don't be a stranger !!

Thanks for the warm welcome and timely links!

The chicks will be hand delivered so I have high hopes for a safe 'landing' then it will be up to us to help them grow up strong and healthy
1f424.png
1f51c.png
1f414.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom