New chicken mama!

smpringle

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2021
Hi everyone! I’m Sara…a new chicken mama in northern NJ.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Got our chickens in May 2021. This is the first time we’ve ever owned and cared for chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 7 hens. No roosters allowed in our town.

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have a Lavender Orpington, Black/Lavender Split Orpington, Rhode Island Red, Blue and Red Laced Wyandotte, Barred Rock, and 2 Red Stars.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? We wanted to raise chickens to give our girls a chance to care for animals from chicks to mature chickens.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My husband and I have been married for 15 years and we have 3 daughters that we currently homeschool. Our girls are super involved in sports and theater activities so we spend a lot of time at a field, gym, or theater. We have a Portuguese Water Dog, Ruby, who is 4.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I’ve been reading posts on this site for almost a year as I learned about breeds and how to prepare a safe coop. Now I have questions I hope ya’ll will help me with. :)

00D5044D-7541-4830-91AB-54F1546F8D72.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom