New chicken mamma

Raggedy Henn

Chirping
May 17, 2022
Virginia
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Brand spankin new. / adopted my three girls last month.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
1 leghorn and two ??

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Interacting with my girls.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Not really any other hobbies.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Married with two adult daughters and one goofy plott hound mix.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Searching for info on raising chickens. All my searches always led me back here. 😁

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Brand spankin new. / adopted my three girls last month.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
1 leghorn and two ??

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Interacting with my girls.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Not really any other hobbies.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Married with two adult daughters and one goofy plott hound mix.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Searching for info on raising chickens. All my searches always led me back here. 😁

1. Brand new as of 2 weeks ago tomorrow!
2. We have 4 chicks
3. Two Cinnamon Queens, 1 California White (Marsha because she looks like a marshmallow peep for Easter) and 1 EE/Americana (Blanche)
4. The most fun for me right now is how they perk up to see me when I walk into the room and watching them grow!
5. Other hobbies...gardening, reading, misc crafts
6. I'm married (24 years in June) and we have 1 child. We have a 4.5 year old American Staffordshire Terrier. We moved to an acreage 4 years ago and it was the best decision. While I enjoyed having neighbors, I enjoy not having neighbors even more. LOL I like the slow paced, calm, quiet lifestyle. I can walk out my door and be greeted by birds or maybe even deer and nothing beats that!
7. I've been reading up on chicken care for awhile but didn't want to join since I didn't have any yet. I finally joined BYC last week! :)

Back
Top Bottom