New Chicken Mom

Thank you!! They are interesting. When they were little they were all very skittish and all but the Cinnamon Queen still are. I just wish I knew for sure which one was laying. Pretty sure it is her though cause she is the only one that goes in the nesting box much and moves the hay all around. When do you think the other will start to lay?? Do they usually get more friendly when they start to lay cause she has.
Some get friendlier when they start laying eggs! Depending on the breed your chickens can start laying anywhere from five months of age to eight months of age. The Wyandottes tend to lay a bit later, that’s the golden one that you have.😊

Some get friendlier when they start laying eggs! Depending on the breed your chickens can start laying anywhere from five months of age to eight months of age. The Wyandottes tend to lay a bit later, that’s the golden one that you have.😊
Ok thanks so much. My favorolle is suppose to be friendly but she is so scared of us. She is pretty unique though.

Welcome I have had birds about 4 years now so not sure if I can still claim newbie status though I feel like one. I couldn't have done it without all the great folks here and great store of information to be found. You have found the right place. You might as well just look here since all the googles will just send you here anyway. :D So pull up a chair put on your reading glasses and just soak it all up. Glad you found us . Nothing really to add but if it matters they all look like girls to me as well.

Welcome I have had birds about 4 years now so not sure if I can still claim newbie status though I feel like one. I couldn't have done it without all the great folks here and great store of information to be found. You have found the right place. You might as well just look here since all the googles will just send you here anyway. :D So pull up a chair put on your reading glasses and just soak it all up. Glad you found us . Nothing really to add but if it matters they all look like girls to me as well.
Thanks, yes I agree I have goggled a lot and it does bring me here. Which breeds do you have?? We live in town and we are not allowed to have roosters so that is why I was nervous. I have learned a lot from this site and just decided I wanted to join. I live in the good ol midwest and I am worried about my birds this winter. The coop I have said it was big enough for 5 to six birds and my four are so cramped I feel bad. My fiance has built stuff in the past but needs something to go by. We have their coop inside a large outside dog kennel.

Back
Top Bottom