New Chicken Mom

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Very new! 6 days ago I got my 4 hens that recently started lying and 4 days ago I got my first 17 babies! My parents had chickens when I was growing up but all I did was collect the eggs šŸ˜†

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Adults and chicks together is 21 total

(3) What breeds do you have?
Plymouth Rocks, Easter Eggers, Black Australorps, Road Island Reds, Blue Laced Gold Wyandottes, and a Chocolate Marans šŸ„°

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
All the different breeds you can have, hatching my own eggs one day and fresh eggs!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Honestly my only hobby is crocheting šŸ˜‚ although I am trying to learn another language in amongst all the craziness in my life šŸ˜†

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I have been together for 11 years and we have a 6yo son who loves his chickens just as much as I do! We have 1 cat (Bologna) that was a rescue who is a year old now and 1 dog (Loki) who we bought as a puppy and is soon to be 4 years old.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Saw a lot of articles in all my googling within the past week and everyone seems so knowledgeable so I thought it would be the perfect place for me with my newly found chicken adventures
How cute they are ! Welcome to BYC ! :frow

Back
Top Bottom