New Chicken Momma to 10

Lonelle

Chirping
8 Years
May 23, 2014
Hello all,

We are new chicken owners in Southern California. I have been afraid of anything with a beak since I was attacked by geese about 30 years ago :lol: But I am branching out and trying to overcome that.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We got our chickens in September, we started with 12. One sadly passed away and we ended up with 2 roosters, so one was given away

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
Hens - 4 Americana crosses, 4 silkies, a Plymouth Barred Rocks (? she is all black), 4 silkies,
Rooster is an Americana

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Watching them, playing with them, and the fresh eggs (sharing them with my friends and coworkers)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, my horses, dogs, making glittered tumblers and stickers.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I work full time at a college, 4 horses, 6 dogs, an acre and a half to take care of. We own a beef jerky/coffee/candy store (physical and online), I have a craft business making personalized tumblers and stickers.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I think by a google search trying to find info.

Thank you for all of the great information!!! I love just reading thru all of the threads.

Glad to meet you, Lonelle. I am sorry you were scared by geese. Good for you for stretching and overcoming that fear. It sounds like you are enjoying your chickens now. What a nice sounding flock you have! I am so sorry for your loss :hugs It's always hard to lose one, but it happens sometimes despite the very best care. Welcome to BYC, and enjoy yourself!

Back
Top Bottom