New chicken momma

Katkarma

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2018
I purchased my first bunch of chicks in early October. I have 2 black sex-link, 2 black australorps, and 3 silver laced wyandottes. I want these girls for their eggs and as part of my organic ecosystem. It is warm here in the Sacramento CA area, so I just moved them outside after completing a chicken run for them (around the hen house).

I have a big yard and eventually will have them free range when I am home to watch. I hope they will help me with the weeds and all the bugs!

I had chickens growing up but it has been 45 years since I have had chickens so I am sure there is much to learn. Looking forward to learning from this group and through others' experience.

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcomeWe are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Be aware of predators when permitting free-range chickens. They are more easily seized by raptors, coyotes etc. Just giving you a previous notice. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Back
Top Bottom