New Chicken Mommy in Texas

Jessi.Smith

Songster
Sep 30, 2018
Texas
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens. My chicks are all 8-10 weeks old right now. I recently moved out to a rural area and owning a flock of chickens has always been on my list of wishes.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Well.... I have about 50 right now. Not all of them are mine, I am raising some for my neighbor who will take them once they are full grown.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Polish - White Crested Black, White Crested Blue, Silver Laced, and Golden Laced
Houdan
Old English Game Bantam
Frizzle Bantam
Naked Neck
Silkie
Showgirl
Dark Brahma
Australorp
Maran - White, Silver Cuckoo, and Golden Cockoo
White Leghorn
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Salmon Faverolles
Barnvelder
Easter Eggers

Sorry you asked that question now, aren't ya?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Doing research prior to owning chickens. I have been silently stalking BYC for at least 6 months now. I signed up for a membership once I started having specific questions.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Boring those around me with chicken facts. I also like to do artsy stuff.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I also have 3 toy poodles, 4 ducks (who technically belong to my neighbor) and 1 husband.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
See answer to #4.

HalloweenWelcomeMonsterMash.gif

Glad you're here with us!
Check out our learning center for great information https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/learning-center.11/

Back
Top Bottom