New chicken obsessor from Northwest OHIO

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BlackSwampBirds, May 26, 2012.

1. BlackSwampBirds

BlackSwampBirds Hatching

May 26, 2012
    Hicksville, OH
    My name is Chris and I am from Northwest Ohio just inside the state line from Indiana.

I have been playing with the idea of owning chickens for a couple years and have been obsessively collecting information for the past couple months. I am in the process of building my chicken coop from pallets (pictures coming soon) and I plan on raising buckeye chickens.

I will order 25 and try to keep about that many around. I want to be strictly Buckeye chickens but with all these people around me offering me FREE chickens.... I might have to take them up on it and have multiple chicken coops. (against my wife's wishes[​IMG])

I am a wrestling coach and an accountant. I have two dogs with one a Soft Coated Weaten Terrier who will hopefully be the gardian of the chickens (he is still a pup). I accidently found BYC when I was looking for chicken coop plans and now I come here every other day as new questions arise. This will be more of a hobby than a means of supplamenting my family but I hope to provide eggs and meat for my family of three.

-Chris "Sticks" Combs

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC! Feel free to ask any questions you have. We're here to help.

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Glen St Mary, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Crowing

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

6. crazychickenwom

crazychickenwom Chirping

Feb 10, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Welcome to BYC!! Be sure to check out the American Buckeye Club, there are MANY great people there that can answer any "buckeye" questions - or any other questions you might have as well! There is also a list of breeders and several great tips and tricks. Check out the following links and their facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/126598094076064/

http://americanbuckeyeclub.blogspot.com/

Have fun with your buckeyes, I know I LOVE mine!

7. Welcome to BYC!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
  9. Just reebok

Just reebok Chirping

Welcome to BYC! I have a 15 year old Wheaton... They are THE best dogs! Love our Smudge! Glad you joined us and can't wait to see coop pics.

10. BlackSwampBirds

BlackSwampBirds Hatching

May 26, 2012
    Hicksville, OH
    Thanks crazychic and will do 4-H. I love this site

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: