New Chicken Owner - Gold Coast Queensland

Rose Family

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 17, 2013
Hello

I have owned 3 chickens (chicks) for not yet 24 hours! I had no notion of buying any such thing until I was mesmerised watching 4 little show chickens at a science day at my school on Friday. Yesterday I was on a mission and now have 3 two week only RIR in a warmer in my dining room! A chook house (flatpack) has been ordered online and I hope to assemble this next weekend. I have read "chook stuff" for the past 36 hours and have much to learn. Here is my first of many daft questions to come........If I let my little chicks out on the grass today while I clean out their warmer, will they feel ant bites? We have nasty ants here. Thank you :)

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

Welcome Rose Family .. always nice to see a fellow Queenslander! Brisbane Northside here. Sorry I can't answer your question, the youngest chickens I have had have been a couple of months old. I just wanted to say welcome and good luck with your new babies who I am sure are going to become a very important part of your life .. as chickens tend to do
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif
I don't know about nasty ants, I would imagine - yes, they would feel a sting(bite) on the other hand, I'm guessing they would eat ants. Don't listen to me.

Back
Top Bottom